Why Become a Member
We want to make running your construction company as simple as possible for you, by offering you all the support and information that you require to steer your way through a complex and rapidly changing construction industry within Scotland.
SBF has been offering support and advice to construction companies throughout Scotland for 116 years, keeping them abreast of the law and providing them with the appropriate skills and tools to run their businesses.
If you want:
- a competitive edge over your competitors
- to be recognised as a competent contractor and run a quality business
- to be assured you are up-to-date with the latest legislation, regulations and bureaucracy – and use it with confidence
- to ensure your company and staff are trained to the highest standards across all fields, such as Health & Safety
- to ensure that your thoughts and opinions are represented as one strong united voice
- to have contact and dialogue with others that feel the same and operate the same as your own business
………….plus much more! Then membership of SBF is for you.
Your membership of SBF will grant you access to a wide range of services, specifically tailored to the construction industry.
As a member of SBF you will……
Raise Your Profile
- Recognition as a reputable company with a high profile and a mark of quality
- Increase chance of contact, enquiries and referrals from SBF.
- Excellent networking and social opportunities to meet with industry colleagues.
- Become involved at both local and national levels.
- Regular federation press and media coverage.
Have Your Say
- Active Committee and Board Structure.
- United voice at all levels of authority.
- Range of specific SBF member offers.
Have Access to Advice
- Specialist advice from experienced individuals offering real life experiences on every facet of business life – financial; contractual; employment; training; health and safety; legal and adjudication.
Stay Up To Date
- Headlines and news briefings – all the latest information on legislation changes and updates, as well as information on SBF news and activities.
- Affiliated organisations, partnerships & liaison with other leading industry bodies such as ConstructionSkills, CLE, RICS etc.
- Lobbying – fighting members’ corners in places like the Scottish Parliament.
- External liaison and exerting pressure to strengthen the wider industry’s future.
- Local Authority meetings with all local councils throughout Scotland.
- Support the work of the Cross Party Group for Construction in the Scottish Parliament.